Shrek Jr. Audition Information
Eligibility: Students ages 6-10 must be enrolled in Mini or Jr. Musical Theatre class. Students ages 11+ must be enrolled in Musical Theatre, Voice for the Stage, BAACtors Acting class and we encourage students to take a Musical Theatre dance class.
Fee: There will be a $200 production fee for Shrek Jr. along with the monthly tuition for classes. The production fee can be paid by the first rehearsal or with a payment plan of $66.67 from January to March. There will also be a fee for costumes as follows:
· Mini & Jr. Musical Theatre - $89
· Level I Musical Theatre - $95
· Level II Musical Theatre - $100
· Level III Musical Theatre - $105
Costume fees may be paid upfront or in 3 monthly installments.
Rehearsals: Rehearsals will take place on Fridays from 6:30-8:30 PM and Saturdays from 1-6 PM.
Attendance: Attendance to rehearsals is mandatory. A detailed rehearsal schedule will be available at the first read-thru on Friday, January 17th. One excused absence will be allowed for the rehearsal period and should be turned in at least 2 weeks prior to the planned missed rehearsal. There will be no absences allowed during tech week (April 20-23, 2020)
· Female: Students may wear a leotard of any color or style with black jazz pants or black leggings. Black jazz shoes will also be required. Hair should be pulled back in a ponytail. If hair is too short for a ponytail, students should wear a headband to keep hair out of face. If students are uncomfortable wearing a leotard, they can wear a t-shirt over it when not dancing. Female students will also need a nude colored leotard that matches their skin color to wear under their costumes for the performances.
· Males: Students may wear any colored t-shirt with black jazz pants or black joggers. Black jazz shoes will also be required. If a student has longer hair, a headband will be needed to keep hair out of face.
· All dress code items must be purchased from the Nimbly website ( https://www.shopnimbly.com/baactx )
Performances: Performances will take place on Friday, April 24th, Saturday, April 25th and Sunday, April 26th. Students must be available for all performances.